Monday, July 13, 2015

Intro to me

This is stepping a little outside my comfort zone - sharing my thoughts and writings with pretty much anyone. I'll be adding my little reflections, poems, and anything else that catches my attention.

Thanks to all who come to view me, especially those with constructive comments. When I share my writing, I have always appreciated knowing what others think about the topic and the writing itself. You could take a single topic - for instance a verse from the Bible - and let 10 people write about it. Ten different reflections would come from that verse, some almost like poetry, others devotional, and others in lecture mode. My style changes depending on the topic (of course). You'll see many of the types of writing I do.

I began writing in elementary school. When I lived in Columbus GA I was fortunate enough to take a journalism class in an after school honors program. I have used the basics of that class ever since: making outlines, taking notes, drafts and proofing, and so much more. I wrote my first real poem when I was about 14 - Grammar (written in English class!); I still have that - and will probably post it. My first novel (fortunately lost now) was written around that time, with my best friend my co-writer. It was...a learning experience.

High school was when I really took off. Poems and prose (most of which are lost) flowed through me. I was around creative people who inspired me. I was able to take some classes that sparked ideas (although most bored me so much...). Everything swirled through my head.

I wrote another (massive) novel in my late 20s. It too is unfortunately lost. This time I say unfortunately because it was good. It was a sweeping novel about power and relationships and good and evil. I would have loved to edit and shape it now, from the me that I am now.

Writing was once my life. Perhaps it will be again. Stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment