Thursday, August 6, 2015

Blondie Girl - Update I

Well, Blondie and I went to the vet Tuesday. She's lost 5lbs in the last 4 weeks which concerns the vet. Dr. Harman has me now giving her only wet food. Three meals a day, 2 cans a meal. I wonder where my grocery money goes,,,, She's worth it - she's the most loving creature.

She's pretty listless. I can't tell if it's because of the MMM, because it's so hot, or because she's finally moving out of the puppy stage and become more like an adult Pyr - very laid-back. Lately she's spent most of her time inside in the bathroom, laying on the air conditioning vent.

Dr. Harman also suggested I give her little surprise foods. Blondie's become quite fond of plain yogurt and Fruity Cheereos! Colby-Jack cheese cubes seem to go down well - and fast! I have to chew fast to keep up (we split them). I also have a recipe for soft puppy cookies I'll make either today or Monday. I found the recipe on Pinterest.

Speaking of, here's the recipe:

For about a half-dozen cookies (I do 4x this):

1c quick oats
1/2c applesause
1 egg

Combine oats and applesauce. After it is fully mixed add the egg and combine. Drop by spoonful on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake around 10 min in a 350 deg oven - keep an eye on them, they tend to brown all at once (I swear!). Let cool on towel. Enjoy

These are soft and will crumble easily. Blondie likes them and so do a couple friends' dogs.

It looks like I'm going to have my sweet girl longer than I thought. If we can get her back up to weight. GOD willing, we will.


No comments:

Post a Comment