Sunday, September 13, 2015

Hi, I'm a minister!

Yes, I'm the Rev. Sharon L. Hollingsworth, ULCM, ULC, AACC, ABC. What the heck are all those letters?! ULCM is the Universal Life Church Monastery. ULC is the Universal Life Church. This was where I was ordained in 2009. AACC is the American Association of Christian Counselors. ABC is American Biblical Counselors. Obviously I'm working to get to a point I can officially counsel. I've been unofficially since I was in high school.

To get prepared, I'm of course studying. I like a full plate and since I only work 3 days a week (12-hr shifts) I have plenty of time to study. And all my classes are online so I can turn in assignments, listen to lectures, etc. when I want. Perfect for me.

I'm working on 2 accelerated degree programs and 2 diploma programs. Two have a very structured assignment time requirements while the other 2 are more relaxed. This way I can focus my time on 1 or 2 simultaneously and work the other 2 in.

When I'm done I'll have a BS in Christian Counseling from an online seminary (they offered up to a doctorate and that's my goal), a BA in Psychology, a diploma in Chaplaincy (5 months and gives me 4 credits towards a Masters in Chaplaincy) and a diploma of Divinity (not a degree) which takes 60 credit hours. I've lots of papers to write between the four. Fortunately I really like writing!

I'll keep ya'll (yes, I'm southern) posted on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment